Don and Shelley Scott – Tournament Directors
- We are very passionate about junior golf and have been heavily involved in creating and directing tournaments for the past seven years.
- We currently direct the Summer Junior Golf Classic over 2 days, CQ Junior Open over 3 days and the Australian Junior Age Division.
- At the 2015 Veritas World Junior, Shelley was appointed the Tournament Director at Tustin Ranch Golf Club where the 14 to 18 year divisions competed. She was invited and accepted the offer by Graham Moore, Head Tournament Director at Pasadena, who owns International Golf Schools and Academies and is the European Development Director.
- At the 2016, 2017 and 2018 West Coast AAU Junior Olympic Games Golf Championship, Shelley was appointed assistant Tournament Director by Hal Yost, AAU National Golf Chair and PGA Life Member and worked alongside Lou and Valerie Skovron, PGA Professional and Instructor, Professional Golfers Career College.
- Shelley has also been invited to hold a position of committee member on the AAU team to develop junior golf. “I am proud to have you as part of our Team for developing Junior Golfers for the future of golf.” Hal Yost
- We had a desire to create a major event for the many talented junior golfers throughout Queensland and Australia where children could compete against players their own age.
- We then envisioned selecting an Australian Team from this event to travel to a World Tournament. We spent countless hours negotiating with tournament directors of several World events and were accepted to bring a team by all those approached which was quite overwhelming and gave us the notion that this would be of great benefit to Australian junior golf for many years to come.
- After many years of planning, travelling to golf events in other districts, talking to parents, co-ordinators etc and wanting to provide juniors with the opportunity to compete in a major event which would lead to competing at World Tournaments in the United States, the AJADGC became a reality.
- Capricorn Resort Golf has been the home of the AJADGC for the past four years and has been very successful.
- This event is the only type in Australia which caters for all junior golfers from 4 years up to and including 18 years.
- We saw the need to involve those younger golfers who do not have the opportunity to play in any type of major tournament as all major tournaments are directed at players 13 years and over.
- This format based on age division is the format utilised in worldwide tournaments thus bringing Australia in line with these events which will create more opportunities for the younger and more talented golfers.
- This event is an open event for players of all ages and abilities.
- Trophies are awarded for 1st to 5th place for age divisions 6 years and under, 7-8 years, 9-10 years, 11-12 years, 13-14 years, 15-16 years and 17-18 years for both boys and girls.
- It provides an opportunity for those winners in each age division to travel as part of the AJADGC Australian Junior Golf Team to compete in two World Tournaments against players their same age.
- We intend to make this the biggest junior golfing event in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere and are receiving international support and players coming from New Zealand, India, South Africa and Indonesia.
Need Help out on Course?
Don’t go to Google!!! Our Officials are there to take the stress out.
The following accredited rules officials are out on course to offer friendly assistance when balls go in hazards, and things don’t go to plan. These people volunteer their time to support our event, for which we are extremely grateful.